Tuesday 19 June 2018

Zheng He - Explorer Extraordinaire


For reading over the last couple of weeks I have been studying Zheng He an infamous Chinese explorer. We were learning to show our information we found in an interactive and attractive way. In other words, we were making visual posters. Zheng He was in command of the largest fleets of ships in world history. There were lots of different ships for trading, war, carrying people and supplies. I tried to do my work really fast but when I showed it to Miss Dods she said it was not acceptable. I enjoyed learning about Zheng He because I had never heard of him. I found out that the Chinese had very advanced navigation and maps for their time. I think it is amazing what he has achieved, it shows that China has always been a very powerful and forward thinking country. That is my favourite explorer, who is yours?


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Quinn,
    I really liked the way you put so much information in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Quinn. I had never heard of this chap either. I wonder what he would say in his motivational speeches to his men?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora, I am Kaitlyn from Gisborne Intermediate School.

    I loved this piece of work because I can tell you put the extra work in to make this enjoying.
    You taught me alot about Zheng He from commanding the longest fleets in world history and that he was a famous chinese explorer.
    When did you discover Zheng He and who told you about him.
    If you would like to see my learning visit my blog Click Here

    Mā te wā
    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI MY NAME IS DAVID

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.